The legal bases for processing Personal Data for the purposes described are necessary for the performance of our services to you, for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject and for the purpose of our legitimate business interests.
We collect Personal Data about you that you provide to us directly or automatically when accessing or using the Site.
Personal Data which may be collected include:
- Your name, phone number and e-mail address. This information and other relevant information you may provide is collected at the time you make enquiry. You may choose not to provide us with certain information but if so we may not be able to handle your enquiry or request fully or at all.
- Other information such as your IP address, geographic data, search preferences related to specific searches, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. This information is collected automatically when you access / use the Site and helps us enhance your user experience if you return to the Site and improve the Site and the services we provide. Data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude / longitude details. This information is collected when you access / use the Site using a mobile device. You may change the settings of your mobile device if you do not want us to collect such information. This information will be retained for up to 6 months or as may be required by the applicable law following your access / use of the Site.
- Data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude / longitude details. This information is collected when you access / use the Site using a mobile device. You may change the settings of your mobile device if you do not want us to collect such information.
Your Personal Data will be retained for up to 6 months or as may be required by the applicable law following your access / use of the Site.
The Site may contain third-party links that are not under our control. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties. We ask you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Protecting Your Personal Data
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and organisational procedures designed to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, or unauthorised disclosure or access.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use Personal Data and other information collected through the Site to (a) register you with the Site and create your user account, (b) provide you with information requested, (c) build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, (d) for the detection, prevention and handling of fraud, violation of our terms & conditions and other misuse, illegal or unwanted activities or (e) contact you in case you have any questions.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data to our affiliated (group) companies (in and outside your home country), including our affiliated (group) companies’ employees and our trusted agents and representatives who have access to this information with our permission and who need to know or have access to this information and internal (audit/compliance) investigations.
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Wemay, in compliance with applicable law, disclose Personal Data to protect ourselves against liability, to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, legitimate requests, warrants or equivalent by law enforcement officials or authorities, to investigate fraud or other wrongdoing or as otherwise required or necessary in order to comply with applicable law, protect our legitimate interests or to the purchasers in connection with any sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a part of our business or company.
In the situations described above, the recipient of the Personal Data may be located in a jurisdiction that may have different standards of data protection compared to the laws in your home jurisdiction. We shall only transfer Personal Data to recipients offering an adequate protection (e.g. by means of contractual clauses to safeguard the transfer of Personal Data). If you have questions in relation to the transfer of Personal Data and the means by which adequate protection is provided, please contact us.
Our Policy Concerning Cookies and Page Tags
Subject to your consent to our cookies and tags (if this is required by the applicable law), our Site will use session and persistent cookies as well as page tags to collect and store certain information about you. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your computer from the Site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A page tag is a piece of code which reads and writes cookie data. Cookies or page tags may be from Meridian Capital Limited and / or third party vendors we have chosen to work with. Session cookies disappear from your computer when you close the browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after the browser has been closed, but can be deleted at any time through your browser settings. The use of these cookies and page tags may vary, and are described in the appropriate sections below.
Meridian Capital Limited uses a session cookie to keep you logged in throughout your visit to the Site.
Meridian Capital Limited uses persistent cookies to “personalise” the Site for each user by remembering information about the user’s visit to and activities on the Site, e.g., your log-in details so that you do not need to re-enter them at your next visit to the Site.
If you want to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, if you want to be informed whenever a cookie is stored on your computer or if you want to delete cookies from your computer, please make the necessary changes in your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options”. If you disable or delete cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Site, and you will be required to re-enter your log-in details. Please also note that opting out of a third party cookie (see below) does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online behavioural advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. Please also note that if you clear all cookies on your browser, or use a different browser or computer, you will need to complete the opt-out procedure again.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and online services.
Third party companies may use persistent cookies to analyse your surfing behaviour on and your visit to this Site as well as other web sites enabling us to improve the Site and our services. Website analytics platforms may be used to collect unidentifiable information for reports such as impression reporting, demographic reporting and interest reporting. To opt out of collection of information by third parties for analytic purposes, please click on one or more of the third party links in the above “Opt Out Tools” section.
Third Party Cookies and Page Tags
Our third party advertising companies may place cookies or page tags on some of the pages you visit on the Site. These cookies or page tags are designed to collect non-personally identifiable information in order to analyze your interests and searches when visiting our Site and to serve you advertisements specifically tailored to your interests and searches when you are visiting our Site or other websites or when using mobile applications. The non-personally identifiable information collected through cookies and page tags may be shared with other third parties for purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis. In addition, we may share one-way hashed (undecipherable) data with third party vendors using advertisement targeting products. Such third party vendors typically use hashed device identifiers to serve custom ads based on a user’s prior visits to the Site. As a consequence, third party vendors may show our ads on other websites or mobile apps.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Data
If you wish to update any Personal Data you have previously provided, or to exercise any right of access, correction, rectification, portability, deletion, or opposition to the processing of your Personal Data that you may have under applicable law, or withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us via our “Contact Page“. To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personal Data. Any request to access your Personal Data will be answered within a reasonable timeframe (not longer than 4 weeks). We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for such access in accordance with applicable laws. You may also unsubscribe from or object to anytime the processing of your Personal Data for purposes of profiling, advertising and market and opinion research.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website www.meridiancapitallimited (“Site”).
- By using the Site, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not continue to use the Site.
- If you register with the Site, submit any material to the Site or use any services of the Site, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- Copyright notice
- Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Site and the materials on the Site; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Site and the materials on the Site are reserved.
- Licence to use website
- view pages from the Site in a web browser;
- download pages from the Site for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from the Site;
- stream audio and video files from the Site; and
- use the services of the Site by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from the Site or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use the Site for your personal and business purposes, and you must not use the Site for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on the Site.
- You must not:
- republish material from the Site (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Site;
- exploit materials from the Site for commercial purposes; or
- redistribute material from the Site.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of the Site, or indeed the entire Site, at our discretion, You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on the Site.
- Acceptable use
- You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the Site or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the Site;
- use the Site in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use the Site to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to the Site without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with the Site using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for the Site; or
- use data collected from the Site for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing); or
- download, copy, send or otherwise use any contents or images from the Site without our prior written consent.
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through the Siteour website is true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading.
- Your content: licence
- In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, the Site.
- You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media or to reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to the Site and any successor website..
- You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under Section 5.2.
- You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under Section 5.2.
- You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on the Site.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
- Your content: rules
- You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
- Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
- Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam;
- be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Limited warranties
- We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the Site is up to date; or
- that the Site or any service on the Site will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of the Site services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 8.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of the Site.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 11 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to Section 8.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- Breaches of these terms and conditions
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- suspend or delete your account on our website.
- Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to the Site or a part of the Site, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of the Site from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the Site, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using the Site.
- If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the Site, and you must stop using the Site.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- Third party rights
- A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
- Entire agreement
- Subject to Section 8.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of the Site and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
- Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Our details
- This website is owned and operated by Meridian Capital Limited
- Our principal place of business is at Level 37, 41 Heung Yip Road, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong.
- You can contact us:
- via our “Contact Page”; or
- by email to: email@example.com.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Meridian Capital Limited and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Meridian Capital Limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
An effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Meridian Capital Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being unavailable.